De LaSalle Academy educates children with special needs, providing a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment, where each student’s diverse ability is honored and valued.
An Approach that Works
- Research based curriculum and programs
- Small classes (max. 12 students per class)
- Individualized instruction within the student’s learning style
- On-going assessment that shapes instructional goals
- Speech & language therapist on staff
- Occupational therapist on staff
- Licensed clinical social worker on staff
- Positive environment for learning and improving self-esteem
OUR BELIEFS & VALUES
- The dignity of every student shall be of paramount importance.
- All students shall have the right to an appropriate learning environment designed to support their individual needs and promote academic competence to the degree possible for each child.
- The school experience must promote and support the development of independent living skills that will lead to success in adulthood.
- Educational opportunities must encompass academic, social, and emotional goals contributing to the highest level of self actualization to the degree possible for each child.
- Diverse, research-based curriculum, teaching strategies, and therapeutic interventions shall be employed to fulfill the mission of the school.
- De LaSalle Academy of Fort Myers, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.